• published on 7/17/2022
  • 3min

Working Holiday Programme (WHP) in Chile

Deserts, fjords, volcanoes, glaciers… Would you like to discover Chile’s beautiful landscapes? Young citizens of Canada, France, Germany and New Zealand can spend up to a year in Chile, under the Working Holiday Programme (WHP). Are you are under 35 years old? To work and live in Chile, request a Working Holiday Visa!

Working Holiday Programme (WHP) in Chile

Chile Working Holiday Visa requirements

To get a Working Holiday Visa for Chile you must:

  • be aged between 18 and 30 or 35 years old (depending on the country you are from),

  • not be travelling with any dependents,

  • hold a valid passport,

  • have a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase one,

  • have sufficient funds to cover your living expenses at the beginning of your stay in Chile

  • have health and repatriation insurance for the duration on your stay.

The Working Holiday Visa for Chile is valid for one year and cannot be renewed.

Applying for a Working Holiday Visa for Chile

Chile sets annual quotas for the countries taking part in the Working Holiday Programme. Do note that these quotas can be different from one country to another.

The list of supporting documents you must enclose in your application may vary depending on which country you are from. Generally, to apply for a WHV for Chile, you will need to provide:

  • the completed visa form,

  • a copy of your valid passport,

  • a recent ID picture,

  • a birth certificate,

  • a return ticket or proof of sufficient funds to purchase one,

  • an insurance certificate,

  • a medical certificate proving you are in good health,

  • proof of available funds to meet your living costs,

  • a clear police certificate.

If your visa is approved, you will also need to pay the visa fee. Once you get your visa, you have 90 days to enter Chile.