Expat Student

From €57.00 per month

Get insurance for your (long-term) studies abroad  

Are you going to study abroad (bachelor, master, doctorate...)? Expat Student can help you throughout your studies: health problems, travel incidents, legal assistance...

Get a quote Contact us

What is Expat Student long-term study abroad insurance?

If you are going to study abroad for a long period of time, good insurance can also be key for your success!

Expat Student insurance is approved by major international universities and replaces the health insurance system of your home country (Social Security and student insurance).

Health costs, repatriation assistance, civil liability, psychological support... All of these are covered by us, so you can concentrate on your course of study.

Any questions? Need information?

+33 (0)1 73 03 41 29

Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 6 pm
(Paris time)

Local call rates apply

Keeping it simple for your long-term studies abroad

  • 300,000 students have already chosen Expat Student
  • Coverage during the entire course of studies abroad
  • Benefits that meet the requirements of international universities
  • 100% online registration with immediate insurance certificate
  • 100% cover of medical costs with no deductible or waiting period
  • Multilingual support experts available 24/7 wherever you are

Expat Student means studying with peace of mind

We offer you a 100 % mobile solution that will shield you from excessive healthcare costs.

By selecting your coverage zone based on your destination country, you will be able to travel freely during your studies in all the countries included in this zone, without any particular steps to take concerning your policy.

Under certain conditions, you can also add your spouse and children.

Enjoy an easy subscription process, and efficient and responsive support―we offer you quick and fitting answers for every situation.

Everything you need to know about long-term study-abroad insurance

What is a geographic coverage zone?

Your country of destination determines the coverage zone in which your benefits will apply. Your Expat Student policy offers you 3 zones of coverage:

Zone 0: Worldwide including USA
Zone 1: Canada, China, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Switzerland and any country in Zone 2
Zone 2: Worldwide, outside of the countries listed in zones 0 and 1

Your cover will be valid (except excluded countries): in your country of nationality for temporary stays of less than 90 consecutive days and in case of accident or medical emergency for 90 consecutive days outside the coverage zone.

How long does the coverage last?

The Expat Student policy is taken out for a minimum period of 12 months and is automatically renewed at each annual expiry date, for a maximum coverage period of 6 years.

The benefits cease automatically:

- Once the age limit is reached
- After 6 years of coverage
- When you are no longer a student or au-pair
- When you are no longer an expat, upon presentation of an official document proving this

I need to see a doctor; how do I get reimbursed?

Simply download the Easy Claim app, take a photo of your receipt directly on the app, and submit it. It's quick and easy!

I am hospitalised; what do I need to do?

You can contact us 24/7 at the emergency numbers listed on your insurance card, which you can find in the Easy Claim app. Our teams will get in contact directly with the hospital in question to provide care.

What our customers say
4.5 / 5